Are You Still Walking the Talk?by Dr. Ron Arndt
In my last post, I talked about dental practice ethics and how it starts with you, the doctor. You know that you need to communicate your Core Values to your team in order to be successful, but how can you do that?
- Walk the talk. In your monthly team meetings, identify one or two instances where your Core Values have been supported.
- Ask yourself values-based questions when making a values-based judgement.
You might consider asking yourself the following questions posed by Rotary International:
- Is it the truth?
- Is it fair to all concerned?
- Will it build good will and better friendship?
- Will it be beneficial to all concerned?
Write out your practice Core Values. Identify what you prize greatly, what has a positive influence on your life, what you are willing to publicly affirm as your principles, and what are you willing to act on. Post them on your website and Facebook page.
“When your values are clear to you, making decisions becomes easier.” ~Roy Disney