How to Hire the Right Team Members for your Dental Practiceby Dr. Ron Arndt
In my last post about a recent trip to Costco, I wrote about my experience with Trish and her shining example of service excellence. How do you find the Trish’s for your dental business? How do you get your team members to behave like Trish? Is the service “bug” in all of us?
- You must HIRE RIGHT which means:
- Create and write your Service Vision and passionately live it in the presence of everyone.
- Create an Ideal Employee Profile so you will know exactly what you are looking for in your service-oriented employee.
- Be prepared to interview 25 candidates to find the “right” one.
- You define what your level of service looks like, as to one employee a five-star hotel may be a Red Roof Inn and to another, a five-star will be the Ritz.
- You must devote at least 50% of your training time to the “soft skills” and the remainder to the technical skills.
- You must test them on their newly learned skills with a minimum level of performance.
- REPEAT the above annually.
- Only hire the ones who do!