Dentists Who Don’t Take Action: What Goes Around, Comes Aroundby Dr. Ron Arndt
This is what I hear when I am among a group of dentists:
- My practice is off 30%
- The economy is killing my dental practice
- Patients don’t want good, high quality care anymore
- I’m going to have to work until I drop
Recently, I presented to 200 dentists at a conference. At the end of the presentation, I offered a follow-up, supportive and complimentary tele-class conference to those doctors called: How to Write Your Business Core Values and How to Share Those Values With Your Team.
22 doctors (11%) indicated their interest. Eight registered (4%). The percentage that showed up… 0%!
Unbelievably incredible and disrespectful! It would have been easy for me to become cynical. Aside from learning that free is not good, I learned these lessons:
- The major difference between Winners and Whiners: Responsibility and Action. (I encourage you to read the book: The 10 Distinctions Between Winners and Whiners.)
- It’s easier to complain rather than take action and do something
- Dentists who fail to meet commitments with others have a high incidence of Failed Appointments in their dental offices
- What goes around, comes around!
What actions have you taken to cope with the interesting economy?